DFW Builders

Jun 16, 2016
Fort Worth, TX
Can anyone here share your experiences with these three builders, Klapprodt, Puryear and Pulliam? Any comments about these builders at all would be greatly appreciated as I'm trying to narrow down to one.

Limited lifetime warranty excluding soil movement, war and act of God vs 3 years warranty no question ask. Which is better? Can everything bad happen in the first 3 years or usually later?

Thank you!!!

Can anyone here share your experiences with these three builders, Klapprodt, Puryear and Pulliam? Any comments about these builders at all would be greatly appreciated as I'm trying to narrow down to one.

Limited lifetime warranty excluding soil movement, war and act of God vs 3 years warranty no question ask. Which is better? Can everything bad happen in the first 3 years or usually later?

Thank you!!!

I'm in Frisco so more the Dallas side obviously, but those are not three builders I'm familiar with. As someone else said; there are so many builders in DFW!

I like the lifetime warranty, did any of them include sprinkler re-route, fence repair and several palates of sod? Also, check on plumbing warranties too.

Duylinh,

While I like the visual effect of the three rectangular boxes, near the house, to me I just don't think they are very practical. Whatever cleaner you get will not be able to run in-between them and I'm not sure you could even manually brush between them. Seems to me that you are paying for wasted space you could be swimming in.

Jim R.

As we all know, lifetime warranties are only as good as the company is in business...

True and so many restrictions so I'm not really sure what exactly are covered. Can the pool crack without soil movement?

- - - Updated - - -

Duylinh,

While I like the visual effect of the three rectangular boxes, near the house, to me I just don't think they are very practical. Whatever cleaner you get will not be able to run in-between them and I'm not sure you could even manually brush between them. Seems to me that you are paying for wasted space you could be swimming in.

Jim R.

Thank you and I agree with you but my husband is in love with the stepping stones so he knows that he needs to clean the spaces manually. There is a 10 inches gap between the steps so I think we can clean them. Plus the bubblers on the same playform should help with the water movement.

I'm in Frisco so more the Dallas side obviously, but those are not three builders I'm familiar with. As someone else said; there are so many builders in DFW!

I like the lifetime warranty, did any of them include sprinkler re-route, fence repair and several palates of sod? Also, check on plumbing warranties too.

All of them include clean up, grading and top soil, sprinkler reroute and Fence but no sod.

Everyone we know that has gone through Pulliam and dealt with Bart has been extremely satisfied. Past that, opinions vary. We tried to use Pulliam, but got hooked up with another guy that didn't really click for us, so we went another direction. If I had a do over, I would have insisted we dealt with Bart. Did I mention you have to deal with Bart? :)

Everyone we know that has gone through Pulliam and dealt with Bart has been extremely satisfied. Past that, opinions vary. We tried to use Pulliam, but got hooked up with another guy that didn't really click for us, so we went another direction. If I had a do over, I would have insisted we dealt with Bart. Did I mention you have to deal with Bart? :)

We didn't get Bart and I'm not too fond of my sales guy either but I didn't want to dismiss a good builder just because of the sales person. So hard to make a decision since I don't know anyone that owned a pool in Dallas. We moved from California and summer here is awful.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We didn't get Bart and I'm not too fond of my sales guy either but I didn't want to dismiss a good builder just because of the sales person. So hard to make a decision since I don't know anyone that owned a pool in Dallas. We moved from California and summer here is awful.

The sad part is this has been a fairly mild summer! Usually hit the high heat combined with our humidity, much earlier than we did this year.

All three builders have built in our neighborhood and are popular builders in the Fort Worth area. We have talked to all three and are preparing to sign with Klapprodt this month. Puryear refused to warranty items if we went SWG (pushed ozone). Pulliam pushed soil injection treatment (not sold on this) especially in our area as rock is hit about 6ft down where the injection takes place.

Good luck deciding!!! We are nervous as heck and researching as much as possible as a FTPO. This forum has been very educational and helpful in answering questions to give me more power in negotiating the things we want.

All three builders have built in our neighborhood and are popular builders in the Fort Worth area. We have talked to all three and are preparing to sign with Klapprodt this month. Puryear refused to warranty items if we went SWG (pushed ozone). Pulliam pushed soil injection treatment (not sold on this) especially in our area as rock is hit about 6ft down where the injection takes place.

Good luck deciding!!! We are nervous as heck and researching as much as possible as a FTPO. This forum has been very educational and helpful in answering questions to give me more power in negotiating the things we want.

Hawks - Thank you and good luck on your build. We are nervous too, first pool and all.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. Just a question for you on SWG, both of our surrounding walls are flagstone (in the pictures, looks like brick but it is flagstone), those are the community walls and not ours. Do we need to seal them if we go with salt system?

My brother in law used Klapprodt. Very happy with them and they have taken care of him on some warranty items (acid washing to get better finish, skimmer leak, etc.).

We are in Prosper, on the other side of the Metroplex, and used Claffey. They are based in Southlake. I can't recommend them highly enough. We built in 2011 and they are still honoring warranty work for things like Jandy Lights that have a known problem from the factory, etc.

Great to work with!

Hawks - Thank you and good luck on your build. We are nervous too, first pool and all.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. Just a question for you on SWG, both of our surrounding walls are flagstone (in the pictures, looks like brick but it is flagstone), those are the community walls and not ours. Do we need to seal them if we go with salt system?

From all the research I've done, I think that wall will be just fine with no sealer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.