Interpreting Test Results - What to do next

JG621

May 28, 2016
NJ
Hey guys - Just finished testing my pool with the TF-100 kit and got the below results. Was hoping I can get some help in interpreting the results and see what needs to be done next. I know the chlorine needs to be bumped up but it seems like the other results are lower than normal as well. Appreciate any help!

TC - 0.5
CH - 150
Alk - 60
PH 7.2
CYA - 50 (did this twice and was around the 50 mark both times)

Hey guys - Just finished testing my pool with the TF-100 kit and got the below results. Was hoping I can get some help in interpreting the results and see what needs to be done next. I know the chlorine needs to be bumped up but it seems like the other results are lower than normal as well. Appreciate any help!

TC - 0.5 CH - 150 Alk - 60 PH 7.2 CYA - 50 (did this twice and was around the 50 mark both times)

Your CYA is at max (Please do not add any more stabilizer). The TA can be increased slightly to 70-80, but no more at this point. After this is increased, please check your PH on a daily basis with the Taylor K-1000 that came with the test kit. If the PH stays at 7.2, increase it to 7.4-7.5 and leave it there. With a TA of 70-80, your PH should stay relatively stable. Always check after the water has been mixing for a few hours as PH drops with pump off overnight (My experience). CH is fine in a vinyl pool. Also, increase your FC to the minimum of 4 daily and increase to 6 daily based on Pool Math.

Test as often as you feel it is needed and adjust chlorine accordingly. Considering you are in NJ, even with some use in the pool, you should not loose more than 2 ppm daily (my experience), although every pool is different. I test every week and skip a day or two of chlorine additions, if necessary. Daily, I check the presence of chlorine and the PH with the Taylor K-1000.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.