Problems with Lueders Coping

Jun 23, 2016
Dallas,tx
I have a new pool being finished with Buff Limestone Lueders coping. The edge not adjacent to the decking has remained pristine. The edges alongside the concrete deck has become discolored and has pits with orange staining. PB tried to tell me this was normal but has replaced some. I asked about their being sealed as I thought this was going to take place and he reports this is NOT their norm to seal Is this correct? I have an Ozone chlorinated pool. Everything I read says lueders should be sealed. There have been many mistakes during the build process that has cost them money to fix along the way. I'm not sure if they are trying to get out of sealing due to an expense or if people really don't seal lueders. It is not specified in my contract.

Vit C will not damage the stone. You can make a paste, let it sit for 5 or 10 minutes and hose it off. If it doesn't work try again and let it sit longer, it is ok to let it sit for a few hours if needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.