Major cloudiness in new pool

Jun 1, 2009
My wife and I bought a 13'x42" Intex metal frame pool. The first day we filled it was fine, we added CYA while filling and after wards shocked the pool, and were able to swim once, later that day we went out to check the pool and it was milky/cloudy. I believe it has to do with my TA and Hardness from my fill water, I used my pool test kit and tested my tap water and its coming out crazy high just like the pool, TA 300 and CH of around 500. I don't have access to any other way to fill the pool, what can I do? I am currently using Dry acid and lowing the pH to around 7.2 then aerating to raise the pH but its not exactly raising very quickly, probably due to the high TA. All my tests so far are with a cheap HTH 6-way test kit, I'll order one of the nice ones soon. Nevertheless, any help would be appreciated. My wife and I have already put alot into this thing and just want to swim. Thanks for your help.

FC: Not Sure (Only have access to OTO test right now)
TC: 3
pH: 7.2 (aerating now)
TA: 320
CH: 500
CYA: 20

My pool: 13'x42" Intex metal frame vinyl pool (approx 2800 gallon)
Pool chemicals: Initially used chlorinating granules, but switched to bleach for the last chlorine addition, using dry acid (HTH pH Minus)
My pump & filter: 1000gph Intex with filter

Yeah dark yellow, My pool is actually a little on the low side water level wise due to small kids, and the water return jet is slightly above the water line creating much turbulence and bubbling.

It is white and cloudy. Since both your TA and CH levels are very high, white cloudiness would be calcium clouding. If it is calcium clouding, you will need to get your TA level down quite a bit to clear this up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.