First Year Calcium question

Aug 3, 2016
Seneca/MO
I am beginning to understand the basics ... Many Thanks to all of you and this site for its multitude of information. I live in the country with fields around and a pond not to far. I suffered a pretty bad frog attack earlier and had some troubles with algae. My mistake was not finding all of you and going to the pool store and almost paying for my pool again in chemicals with little results. I feel I have begun to get a handle on the algae but my alkalinity is 180 my ph is 7.4 and my pool is cloudy so much so I cant see the bottom. I do have low calcium 100. Can calcium levels cause cloudiness? 28 foot pool Sand filter. Be gentle on me this is my first post...

Welcome to TFP!

No, calcium isn't causing your cloudiness. CH can cause cloudiness to when first added, but not ongoing. Your cloudiness is from algae and bacteria. This is how we kill algae and bacteria, SLAM Process.

You will need a good test kit to perform the SLAM Process process. I use the TF-100 from TFTestkits.net. It is the best value, here's why, Pool School - Test Kits Compared

Take a look at Pool School,
ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Add your pool info to you signature so that we can better help you. More here, Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.