Aqua Logic AQL-P-4

Aug 5, 2016
Chandler
I have an Aqua Logic AQL-P-4 system and I am getting a "Very Low Salt Error"
Cell is clean and has been tested in the store - it works fine. Salt level in the pools tests ok too.

Does anyone know if this problem could be related to K1 relay?

Any ideas welcomed. Thanks in advance.

welcome to TFP :)

"Salt level in the pools tests ok too." from your statement it sounds like you are using test "guess" strips.. You really need the drop test kit as it will give you a much better salt level :)

Amazon.com : TAYLOR TECHNOLOGIES INC K-1766 DROP TEST CHLORIDE SALT WATER : Swimming Pool Liquid Test Kits : Patio, Lawn Garden

So after further investigation I got to the bottom of the problem. As I said, salt levels and cell tested ok so I looked into the electronic board and saw that connection to one of the relays was fried (see pictures). I had to repair the board and all works fine.
. IMG_4862.JPGIMG_4861.JPG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

welcome to TFP :)

"Salt level in the pools tests ok too." from your statement it sounds like you are using test "guess" strips.. You really need the drop test kit as it will give you a much better salt level :)

Amazon.com : TAYLOR TECHNOLOGIES INC K-1766 DROP TEST CHLORIDE SALT WATER : Swimming Pool Liquid Test Kits : Patio, Lawn Garden

So after further investigation I got to the bottom of the problem. As I said, salt levels and cell tested ok so I looked into the electronic board and saw that connection to one of the relays was fried (see pictures). I had to repair the board and all works fine.
. View attachment 53087View attachment 53088.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.