Cloudy water

Aug 5, 2016
Fairfield
Newbie here ---Good Day!

I am haveing some cloudy water issue also here are my water test also i used some drop out i let it circulate for two hours and then sit for 12 hours with out erthe pump running this morning i could see the bottom very well and vaccumn to waste i then plugged the pump in and let it run and it run 24/7 it became cloudy over the day....Thoughts / Help

FC 9.98
TC 10.75
CC .77
PH 7.6
Hardness 323
Alkilinity 124
CA 50
copper .02
Iron .01

Newbie here ---Good Day!

I am haveing some cloudy water issue also here are my water test also i used some drop out i let it circulate for two hours and then sit for 12 hours with out erthe pump running this morning i could see the bottom very well and vaccumn to waste i then plugged the pump in and let it run and it run 24/7 it became cloudy over the day....Thoughts / Help

FC 9.98
TC 10.75
CC .77
PH 7.6
Hardness 323
Alkilinity 124
CA 50
copper .02
Iron .01

Welcome!

Wonder what kind of equipment produced such high resolution results?

a waterlink spin lab

I asked that question because your printout doesn't make much sense: 10 ppm FC @ 50 ppm CYA is within TFP specs (target 6 ppm) but you still got cloudy water. So either:

-TFP method is no good - not really possible statistically speaking if you followed it to begin with
-there was some history you forgot to mention, like letting FC fall below 3 ppm and leaving it there for few days in the heat so now you have algae bloom on your hands eating FC
-your measurements are off - I have no experience with waterlink spin lab and was unable to get their specs or find TFP 'blessing' thread :)

please provide additional details if you're interested in getting help from this forum.

in terms of waterlink spin lab capabilities I have my doubts:
- the phrase 'new spin on precision water testing' in their product material is worrisome
- lack of plain straight specs saying chlorine level 0..15 ppm +- 10% or +- 0.1% if they can actually pull that
- their specs have accuracy for photometer part of the device but not straight total accuracy for the device itself

High precision devices include not only such specs but also bunch of other details about conditions which existed while obtaining such accuracy. Their 'specs' read more like marketing material.

Having said that I won't mind if their equipment would have honest 10% accuracy (not resolution, these are different things). I'd simply close my eyes to the last 2 digits. In absence of that I'd love to see side by side verification test where someone independently verified test results with TF100 / K2006 and this device without vested interest in the outcome. May be someone on this forum can share their experience in this area.

Welcome to TFP!

The Waterlink spin Lab is new from Lamotte and costs well over 1000 bucks. A pack of 50 tests is over 100 bucks. First I've seen or heard about it.

The most common cause of cloudy water is bacteria and algae. The most common cause of bacteria and algae is low chlorine. It is easy to verify if there is something organic growing in the pool by doing the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test. If it doesn't pass then we use the process to clear up the pool, SLAM Process

Here is a good place to start in Pool School, ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

... The Waterlink spin Lab is new from Lamotte and costs well over 1000 bucks. A pack of 50 tests is over 100 bucks....

That part I got :) What I failed to find are the accuracy specs. I would expect such expensive device would hold up to its price. Nope, couldn't find. I found instead few marketing tricks avoiding direct accuracy specification. Who cares about internal photometer accuracy if I still don't know the actual device accuracy? And so on ...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.