Bronze Supporter
May 25, 2015
Fort Mill, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So I'm looking at having some of my concrete patio around the pool re-poured. The diving board will be a casualty. Should I have it replaced and/or reinstalled? I don't use it much and worry about the liability and safety issues. My insurance company allows it, and in fact I just got an umbrella policy approved. Do they add or subract from resale value? I hear there is a trend away from them on new builds. I won't really miss it.

I removed mine when I saw my daughter's idiot boyfriend get a running start across it and land halfway across the pool. You can preach safety until you're blue in the face, and someone is still gonna ignore it. We kept the slide, but the board's gone now.

Just did a new build and have 10' board (non spring). The board did not change the insurance pricing, but we do have an umbrella policy already. The grandkids love it, and grandma and grandpa enjoy it too. If misused, it could be dangerous, but so is jumping/diving into shallow end, but we have a shallow end; so is falling on the cement deck, but we have a that, ... We are very happy we added the board. Did not add slide, because I didn't want someone falling off onto deck if goofing around. So its a personal choice. Have had 3 pool parties so far, and there were lines at the board.

Thanks, yeah I would expect to run into grounding issues at the stairs. Might a board be grounded as well? So if I have a "grid", that would be throughout the deck?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.