Ipool on concrete slab. Will it be able to hold the weight, sink or crack?

Aug 5, 2016
snohomish

Hi

I need advice from those folks who know. I have a lower back injury and doctor said only swimming for the next few months. I got one of those swimming pools with harness. I put it together and I was just starting filling it up with water when I had second thoughts about the the ability of my house patio to support the weight. The maximum pool's capacity is 1,500 gallons and 10ft x 7ft. My patio is formed by big cement stones (see in the picture).

Question for people who knows, would I be better off moving it to the actual garden instead of the patio? .... I have included an attached picture to clarify

pool2.jpg pool.jpg

Calling a structural engineer will cost my a few hundred dollars just for a yes/no

You haven't really provided enough detail to say yes or no. The substrate (under the pavers) will determine how much load they can carry. You could carry out tests to see but it would be a couple hundred dollars in costs.
Overall I think you should be fine. It's only a load of 850kg/sqm or 17.5lb per sq foot, so fairly light.
If you have concerns my advice is to make sure the leg supports are level, even and straight so the weight is evenly placed. Fill a third of the pool and see how it sits over 24 hours. This should settle everything evenly. Then fill the rest if it all appears stable.
The pavers are likely to be on prepared compacted ground so probably a better bet than the lawn

Sent from my C1904 using Tapatalk

You haven't really provided enough detail to say yes or no. The substrate (under the pavers) will determine how much load they can carry. You could carry out tests to see but it would be a couple hundred dollars in costs.
Overall I think you should be fine. It's only a load of 850kg/sqm or 17.5lb per sq foot, so fairly light.
If you have concerns my advice is to make sure the leg supports are level, even and straight so the weight is evenly placed. Fill a third of the pool and see how it sits over 24 hours. This should settle everything evenly. Then fill the rest if it all appears stable.
The pavers are likely to be on prepared compacted ground so probably a better bet than the lawn

Sent from my C1904 using Tapatalk

So far I filled up 3/4's and I dont see any issue. I can swim fine with 3/4 I will probably leave it at that level.
Thanks for the help

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.