Taylor Acid Demand Reagent

May 31, 2009
Houston, TX
My cute little Leslie Test Kit came with Taylor reagents and instructions to test Total Chlrorine (R-0600), PH (R-0014) and Alkalinity (R-0007/8/&9). The kit came with the Acid Demand Reagent (R-0015) and no explaination how to mix it up. Anyone have any idea how I use it and what does it actually test for? CYA?

Also, will the total chlroine testing be adequate to get a reading on my FC? Or should I get that regent?

sS

That kit includes an OTO chlorine test, which measures TC from 0 to 5. You really want a FAS-DPD chlorine test, which measures FC and CC from 0 to 50+. It is simplest to buy that as a kit, K-1515, or the FAS-DPD stand alone kit from TF Test Kits.

Acid demand is used to calculate how much acid it takes to lower the PH to some particular level from where it is now. Occasionally that is handy, but often it is simpler to use my Pool Calculator to figure out the same thing. Your kit will have come with instructions for using it, though you might not have noticed them. If you can't find the instructions, they are here.

That was right, I picked up the oto kit. The PS guy and I talked about several things and I just grabbed that one as I walked away, not paying a bunch of attention. I went back to exchange for the basic DPD kit and went ahead and got the FAS-DPD kit. Much better, all my testing bases are covered.

sS

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.