Pump choose

Nov 11, 2015
CA
Hey guys. I'm planing on getting a new pump. There's my current pump.

A.O.Mith
CAT B748
SERIAL CB01-23
HP 2.0
SF 1.3
HZ 60
RPM 3450
VOLTS 230
AMPS SF 11.5

I just installed a Hayward S310T2 sand filter and drained the pool due to the high CYA level(around 300ppm)

My pool is around 20000 to 25000 gallons. Inground pool and spa, one skimmer, one vacuum, two main drain and a water fall.

I was wondering if I can choose a 1.5HP variable speed pump because SCE has 200 dollars rebate right now. I live in South California. Thanks for taking your time to read this. I appreciate your help.

Does that pump also operate your spa? Or only your filter? Filter only then yes the 1-1/2 hp VS is fine. If it is running your spa too then you might want to go with a 3hp VS pump.

Are you looking to replace the whole pump or just a new motor? What model pump do you have, if you go with 1.5hp you would be downsizing a little.

I'd like to just switch the motor. But the pump is a little bit old, I'm afraid I may not be able to find a replacement part.

- - - Updated - - -

Does that pump also operate your spa? Or only your filter? Filter only then yes the 1-1/2 hp VS is fine. If it is running your spa too then you might want to go with a 3hp VS pump.
The pump operates both the pool and the spa.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.