salt system not working

Aug 5, 2016
walnut creek
I have a intex krystal clear mod. cs8110 salt generator that has been working great several years now. However, recently the system does not come out of sleep mode once the pump comes on. I tried reprograming it to no avail. I have to turn it off then on to get it to go into the working mode. What could be the problem? Thanks

Welcome to TFP :)

Intex is a great cheap product that may or may not last more than a couple years.. if it is having issues most just replace it with a new one..

what is your CYA level at, if at 70 to 80 it will help your SWG :)

My local Academy Sports had them today for $89. Normally $179. I almost bought one just to have a spare. A new cell costs almost that much.

Wouldn't you know it? I got home last night and my FC was low. Checked my SWG and the low salt light was on. My salt level is high, if anything. So I cleaned the cell with MA and it came back on, but was off again this morning.

I went back to Academy, and all of the SWG's they had Saturday for $89 were gone. Grrrrr!

I think they were the smaller, 5 g/hr units anyway. So I just ordered a new 12 g/hr one on Amazon for $148. Should be here Friday.

Meanwhile, gonna have to stop by Wal Mart on the way home for some bleach.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.