Muriatic Acid Question

lavallee75

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 16, 2014
Merrimack NH
Hi everyone,

Stupid question here but I am looking for other's opinions.

I do not like to add muriatic acid and would prefer to get it in the pool quicker than a slow pour in front of a jet. My question is if I were to add it more quickly (say similar to adding bleach) and then running my Polaris pool vacuum to make sure it is mixed correctly would this be ok? I am aware that if I add the acid too quickly it can settle at the bottom of the pool, but I am ok with this if the Polaris (or any other pool vacuum) can make sure that it is mixed properly.

I understand that this may not be the optimal way to add muriatic acid but I am trying to determine if there are any negative consequences if I were to add the acid more quickly.

Thank you!
-Matt

26,000 gallon gunite pool
FC 4
CC 0
PH 7.8
Alkalinity 70
Calcium Hardness 300
CYH 40
Borates 50
Temp 80

I agree, MA is some nasty stuff....
It could settle on the bottom if you pour too quickly.. Recommend you brush the area directly around where you poured just after you are done... Itll help get the rest dispersed if there is any.. If you run your robot, it could potentially degrade it...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.