Polaris 825 Not moving/Cleaning

Aug 5, 2016
Laredo, TX
Hello everyone,

I have the 825, I have had it for two months. Tonight, while it was cleaning the pool; the p825 stopped and turned off (after 2 hours of cleaning which it did a decent job of). So I turned it back on, so it can come up the pool wall so I could pick it up and clean the filter and it would not move. I tried repeatedly; so I had to jump in the pool to pick it up out the water. I cleaned out the filter with a water hose and put it back in the pool. From what I saw, the cleaning portion would work but the wheels of it don't actually move so it stays in the same spot. I am not to sure what happened; this has never happened..for $900.. this should not break after 2 months of use. I tried turning it off a few times and turning back on; it looks like its cleaning (barely) but it is not actually moving. Has anyone seen this happen?

Are there any troubleshooting steps for this?

Thanks for your help.

I know this is old, but I had this issue and solved it. My P825 would run the impeller but wouldn’t move. Just sat there. It often does this mid cycle during functional use, but calibrates and takes off again. The issue was that calibration wasn’t occurring.

During a troubleshoot, I noticed suction (water swirl) was coming from the side of the basket cover. Not through the impeller as normal. The basket cover was not sealing properly. It wouldn’t start its cycle.

I cleaned the basket cover to robot groove connection thoroughly. Then I flipped the cover and basket around (basket lip still over the suction space). Bang. It has worked for weeks now without issue.

Leslie’s ran a diagnosis and found no issues. Likely because the issue only appears when submerged. I hope this helps future owners of this robot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.