filter gauge always sits at 12 -15

May 15, 2009
I do a back wash once a week and the gauge is always at 12 -15...all the time. Is that a good thing? This week I even did the turn it on and off several times for about 30 seconds each time then I rinsed and it still sits at 12 -15. I have not seen it get any higher or lower. I also sometimes hear something in the filter like a rattle, not to noisy but it is definately there...what could that be? air?

gabagoo said:
I do a back wash once a week and the gauge is always at 12 -15...all the time. Is that a good thing? This week I even did the turn it on and off several times for about 30 seconds each time then I rinsed and it still sits at 12 -15. I have not seen it get any higher or lower. I also sometimes hear something in the filter like a rattle, not to noisy but it is definately there...what could that be? air?

Does it go to 0 when off? If not its time to replace it. Even if it goes to 0 then are cheap enough to replace.

Filter pressure varies from system to system.....Yours is very typical.

Why do you backwash weekly? We suggest backwashing only when your filter rises significantly say 30% or 5-7 lbs. (It doesn't have to be exact, just significant.)

It sounds like your filter is simply not getting dirty so there is no need to backwash it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.