A little tip on AquaRite salt chlorination display PCB

cata

Aug 31, 2015
Loxahatchee
Just a short story on a problem a had with my AquaRite display PCB.
I had replaced my T-Cell-15 @ 11 months ago. Last week the check cell light came on and stayed solid, on the control board.That means my cell was bad, and needed to be replaced. This is a 3 year warranty t-cell-15.
When the system would start the power light was on then the “generating” light would come on for 30sec, then off, and the check cell solid light would come on.
So I took it my neighborhood store and they test it for me and it failed the test, bad cell.
I contacted, Hayward warranty department for a replacement and they sent me to an authorized Hayward seller, Pinch-a-Penny , for a test and if it fails they would honor the warranty.
I did the pinch-a-penny store test and it passed, good cell!
I taught, yeah sure now is good? … my board at home sais bed cell, the store next to my house tested, bed cell ….now Pinch-A-Penny sais good cell?
So I drove to another store, 3rd one for a test, here again passed the test, good cell!
They pointed to my board as being old … and need a new one $350. My board it is old, it is a 1.32 revision (I bought the house in 2013 so do not know exactly how old is this board).
I came back home and open my AquaRite control box and took off the small PCB display and I could see that the switch contacts were oxidized and had built up on them.
Tight space in this switch, and cannot take it off to clean…so I sticked something sharp in there and cleaned all 6 or 8 prongs the best I could.
Just clicked back in and ….. What? It WORKS!!!
I could not believe that was my problem!
I was about to buy all kind of new equipment.
I had it run from 8pm to 8am on superchlorination since my chlorine has low … from FC 2ppm it went up to 9ppm in 12 hours.
Also @ 7-8 months ago I replaced the current limiter on Aqua-rite

So make sure that you check that stuff too, before buying new pool equipment.
Sorry for the long story, I hope this will help some people here
20160804_160228.jpg20160804_160330.jpg.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.