Granular Chlorine instead of Bleach

May 31, 2009
Houston, TX
Any problems using the rest of my bucket of granular chlroine (Zappit) before I start using Bleach. I will be implementing the other two B's today, beginning with baking soda. Just want to make sure the Zappit is not gonna screw things up.

sS

The Pool Calculator Rocks! I love that it tells me exactly how much 73% Cal-Hypo to add instead of bleach. Did a test yesterday afternoon then made a few adjustments based on those results. Added a tid bit of zappit followed by some baking soda a while later. Before I went to bed (stayed up late helping my daughter study for finals) I did another test, everything was perfect. For some weird reason, I am excited to get home and test my water.

Just one thing.....now you guys got me thinkin about a SWG :mrgreen:

sS

scubasteve said:
.....now you guys got me thinkin about a SWG :mrgreen: sS
Me thinks that you've got or are getting: the 'TFP/Clean Water Geek' syndrome! 8)

I think that SWG's are one of the best things since sliced bread! :lol:
The only bad thing that I can say about ours is that the PH rises, but that's taken care of with a little MA! Just rember that testing and additional shocking may be required :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.