Pumps have been working fine, then an unusual problem.

I have two pumps on my pool, they have been working fine. Then Yesterday I happened to be outside when they were on, but sounded unusual, so I went to inspect. There was no water flowing in and the pumps were trying to prime. I turned them off and looked at all the valves which seemed to be adjusted correctly. I opened the pumps from the top (Pentair Intelliflo) and water came rushing back in from the exit side. The water was HOT, we do have solar but it was much hotter than that. There was a slight burn smell also. We have a box feeder for the chlorine and the valve was stuck so air was flowing into the line, entering right before the pumps.
I turned the chlorine box off and restarted the pumps and all seems fine.
I have never encountered this before. Could the air entering from the chlorine box create a vapor lock or some other situation to stop the water from entering the pumps?
Any help or guidance would be most appreciated.

Could the air entering from the chlorine box create a vapor lock or some other situation to stop the water from entering the pumps?
Any help or guidance would be most appreciated.

No expert, but yes, and it could have damaged the impeller or seals, probably worth an inspection. is your pump pressure the same as before the incident?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.