What is the rate of CYA that a full cylinder of pucks will contribute to pool?

Clyde

Jun 6, 2016
Western Connecticut
Hi. My CYA is 90 and FC is 3. CC is near 0. I have a clorinator and use the pucks, which I know contributed to my CYA issue. For the balance of the season, until I can drain the pool a bit, I am going to use chlorine bleach. Per the PoolMath CYA chart, I need to raise the FC to approximately 10.

However, I am going on vacation and want to be sure that chlorine gets into the pool while I am away, so I will use the pucks temporarily again. Does anyone know the rate of CYA that gets into the pool with a full cholorinator set at a 2.5 setting out of 5? Alternatively, is there a formula for the amount of CYA that gets contributed to the pool by each puck?

Right at the bottom of Pool Math is a section called "Effects of adding chemicals"

Plug in your pool size at the top of the pages and in Effects of adding chemicals use 8oz of Trichlor (most common puck size) and you will see in your larger pool that each puck adds 1ppm of CYA. It really doesn't sound like much but the cumulative effect over time is what gets you to where you are now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.