Hayward Skimmer Install help please

Aug 4, 2016
new london
Hello I recently purchased a Coleman 18' x 48" above ground "Walmart Special" pool in May. Our family loves being able to swim when we like. I have two daughters that are constantly swimming in it and dragging grass and whatnot in these. Anyway I have never owned a pool before so its all new and a little confusing to me. I am one that likes to do things the right way the first time instead of creating a bigger headache. The pool is constantly getting debris from the dirt road in it and grass from the kiddos this and that so I purchased this Hayward Skimmer. I have installed the wide mouth piece and now I am wondering how to hook this up to the Sand Filter I purchased too. I am not sure where to put the hoses inlet outlet holes, or do I cap the ixisting ones off and make new inlet outlet holes for the "return jet thing" or what? I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find an exact video on the internet. I tried attatching the jet thing to the prior outlet hole Coleman made but that didn't screw down far enough and the two inlet holes Coleman made are too small in diamter for this piece. I had purchasaed these two items on Ebay new and they came with NO instructions so I am desperate to find the CORRECT way to do this. Any advice please help!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.