First 30 days and loss of suction and return....

Aug 4, 2016
Warrenton, VA
Hey everyone.

New pool owner and new to the forum. We have a 27' ABP, for the first few weeks the water pressure on the return was awesome, put your hand infront of it and it would push it away, now its become about as much as my garden hose. Ive cleaned my cartridge, resealed all my hose connections. my PSI on my cartridge is at 20psi (Although I thought the first few weeks it was around 15psi.) I pulled my pump apart to make sure there wasn't anything in the impeller portion all was clean.

What route should I start looking at first?

Thanks,
John Caniford

Welcome to TFP John :)

Your cartridges need to be cleaned, when you clean them and put them in what is the clean pressure.. also, how long does it take for the pressure to rise to 20 PSI?

How does your water look?

if you fill out your sig with equipment it will help with troubleshooting whats going on :)

Hey Casey,

Well you're right on the money, I took the cartridge out and the pressure is back. So the cartridge is the problem, new one will be here today. I've cleaned this cartridge already twice now, and both times it would leave me with the 20psi pressure (which rises right away after it refills the cartridge with water. When I first started the pool (3 weeks ago) brand new, it was around 12-15psi. I hope this isn't a recurring replacement every 3 weeks. The pool was brand new, my only idea is maybe the combination of the hardware and our salt level being 6500 led to the cartridge getting clogged up the way is it maybe?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.