Getting back to normal after slam help

FirstVallartaPool

Bronze Supporter
Apr 27, 2016
Puerto Vallarta mexico
OK so water is pretty much crystal after successful slam Last Friday. Fc slowly dropping back. High sun. Lots of rain. Cya today 40. I have not added any chlorine since successful oclt on Mon. This am fc 11. Just now 7pm fc 7.5. I just want to confirm next step getting back to normal chlorine additions. Temps air are typical hot aprox 92f. Air. water 90 f. My fc range at cya 40 is 3 to 5 fc. Should I bump up now or leave till morn as I'm already good and above slightly recommended range?
Thanks!

Yes fc same at7 this am. Algae dead!
However when we were swimming last night I noticed I could cloud up the water by rubbing the grout lines in our tiled pool and cause either dead algea or grout to come off and is white and visible to the naked eye. We had the tile regrouted 5 months ago after repairing a leak. Could this be grout coming off and is that normal or is it dead algae from the prior need to slam last week? I ran the filter overnight and the water is sparkling crystal picture perfect.

Post slam and post regrouting tile pool question

I tested again for third morning same fc as the night before... Algae dead!However when we were swimming last night I noticed I could cloud up the water by rubbing the grout lines in our tiled pool and cause either dead algea or grout to come off and is white and visible to the naked eye. We had the tile regrouted 5 months ago after repairing a leak. Could this be grout coming off and is that normal or is it dead algae from the prior need to slam last week? I ran the filter overnight and the water is sparkling crystal picture perfect.

Re: Post slam and post regrouting tile pool question

You list hard water in your signature - so I doubt it's the grout. As always - a full set of test results is helpful.

Most likely it's just dead algae having settled in the cracks. Vacuum, brush, vacuum a couple times is probably all it needs to clear all that stuff out.

Ok here are my current readings thanks
Cya 40
Fc 7
CC 0
Ph 7.5-7.8
Ch 175 [kinda strange on low side as we deal with major hard water problems here like fast scale build up on faucets etc as well will be chlorinating with powder when I'm away by pool guy so that will raise ch as well from my understanding ]
Ta 80

"Please keep your posts under one thread. I have combined them."...sorry I did that as this is a different question and thought it deserved a new thread.

your calcium level is kinda on the low side - a ph of 7.2 drops your CSI towards -0.6 which is the lower bound you would want to be at.

Personally I would use the chlorinating powder for a little while and let your CH raise to 300 or so. (This assumes the powder is Calcium Hypochlorite?)

That being said your dust issue is still most likely dead algae that needs a scrub. Your numbers aren't all that far off.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.