Painted over plaster cracking off, inground gunite pool

mmhuff

Aug 3, 2016
Lake Oswego, OR
Bought a home with an old pool this year. The pool had been replastered about 2 years ago but because of a foot print the owner decided to paint it. The paint has bern chipping off with dark plaster underneath which is unslightly, but today I noticed about a 12" section in the deep end where both paint and plaster had chipped off in a crescent shape, about 1/8" thick, several pieces. Nothing has been dropped there. Am I doing something wrong, i.e water chemistry or is this likely a bad plaster job?

Welcome to TFP!

Please add your pool info to your signature, more here on what to add and how to do it, Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post

Yes, several sets of test results would be helpful. It is possibly a poor plaster job or more likely poor management of water chemistry. Failure to properly manage water chemistry can cause plaster to fail in 5 years or less. With properly managed water chemistry plaster can last 15-20 years or more.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.