To Bury or Not to Bury an Above Ground Pool!

Very nice, Banks! What's your water temp right now? I notice you have a solar cover on it already. We just had some good rain come through which probably cooled ours down a little, though that's not saying a lot here in Texas. But we'll be putting the solar cover on soon so we can keep our temp higher and swim longer.

Very nice pictures.....

Just finished this..... :party:

one foot above ground...

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

:cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: To Bury or Not to Bury an Above Ground Pool! DO IT!

Good looking doughboys! Finished mine a few months ago, of course when are we ever finished?
doughboy-inground-austin-t41058.html?hilit=austin%20doughboy

I insulated walls and floor with r-max styro board. Without the solar cover temp hovers at 84f. With the cover it would get to 94f. Swimming through Oct should be no problem.

Attachments

• aug31 2012 lg 040.jpg
    aug31 2012 lg 040.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 409
Big tree is a live oak, so far not too bad. Another tree just out of frame is AZ ash, which drops its seeds all summer and fall. B/c of it I skim net the surface about 5min each swim. But today, gusty north eastern blew in and really knocked everything out of the tree and into the pool. Maybe 15min of skimming. I really appreciate the shade and wildlife the trees provide for a little bit of extra cleaning effort.

This is just what I was looking for! Great info here. We just paid a visit to Crown Pools this morning to get prices on an above ground pool with 2' countersunk install and complete buried install. Cherie, we live out in Rowlett, so we're practically neighbors. Your pool and deck turned out beautiful. Sounds like most of you had no regrets with a full or partial buried install. What a great forum this is. Thanks for all the help! :-D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.