New pool owner, Need help with low suction at skimmer and valve identification

Aug 3, 2016
Henderson, nv
I need some help.
Pool/spa combo does not have vacuum line, only 1 skimmer on older pool.
i have very low pressure at skimmer and can't vacuum pool, valves are not fully labeled and I'm stuck.
help please. See images attached

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 16
Do you also have a spa? If I were to guess, the three lines coming from the ground going to the pump in the middle of the picture have your pool drain, skimmer, and spa suction lines in that valve cluster. And my other guess would be the valve on the right (of the two really close together) would be the valve to adjust the pool skimmer/return drain mix. Try moving that valve to a position in the middle of its travel and see if you get suction at the skimmer. Those are Jandy valves I believe and you'll probably need to loosen the thumb screw on top of the handle a little bit to get them to turn.

Also, your dog seems interested in something... lol.

I hope this helps.

The valve leading to the front of pump is Pool and Spa suction valve, which you have 50/50. You need to turn clockwise 90 degrees to close spa suction. If you want all suction from skimmer turn other valve marked main drain clockwise 90 degree to close main drain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.