Pump house pictures

marthas_ear

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 7, 2009
Texas (Central)
Has anyone made a "pump house" to surround the equipment to provide a visual screen and a barrier to noise?
Also it would protect and keep the sun off the pump and pipes.
I am looking for simple DIY- maybe with only 2 sides to keep it simple for access (no gate)- roof.
I need a surface to mount my clock and thermometer. Am thinking of enough space on interior to move completely around equipment, maybe shelf- but removable if needed.

This is still not complete, but this gives you an idea. We made the roof about 6 feet- enough to not be a head banger for my husband. We did not make it wide enough however, as we have discovered as we have been adding things- such as solar plumbing, etc. The posts are 2 2x4's sunk in concrete. The rest is 2x4s and plywood, then stain. The top is a box that is screwed onto the posts, so if we had to take it off, we could. The posts aren't going anywhere. If we change the design, we will have to cut them off at the ground. However, we have high winds here, so we needed something that the wind would not rip out of the ground.
The point behind our barrier is to protect the filter and pump from the blasting summer sun, and then the pump, filter, and winter plumbing (solar gets removed in winter) from icy winds and sleet in the winter. The plan is to finish with heavy "curtains" of shade fabric around it. These can be pulled away and hooked at the top of the structure or tied to the posts (like drapes tied back) when we need full access. We know how we will attach them at the perimeter of the top of the shelter- long slim pieces of wood will be used to hold and screw them into the facing at the top. You can see the pieces stacked up and waiting next to the pump in the first picture.
Still working on what will happen at the bottom. This would be done now, but my husband has been sick for the last two weeks, so no work getting done on anything. We need to finish running solar control wires in conduits before we put up the curtains also, as they will be greatly in the way.

Attachments

• P1010142.JPG
    P1010142.JPG
    249.3 KB · Views: 427
  • P1010141.JPG
    P1010141.JPG
    414 KB · Views: 377
Thanks! I hadn't thought of fabric curtains for the sides. That is a nice design.Yes, I want to make sure all the parts are removable if equipment needs to be serviced or replaced.
When a storm with hail rolled through here last night I was wishing I already had something built.
The sun here also is really strong, even if piping/pump is in the shade part of the day.

I'm bulding a small, simple design, which is not really a room, but a small roof to cover the timer, swg controllers and their equipment which is screwed onto a piece of plywood. The roof will hang over about 2 feet or so on a slight pitch. The front will be completely open, and the sides will have the smaller spaced square lattice so the air can circulate through the equipment while it is still mostly not visible.

Basically, it is a 2 feet deep area with a roof and side lattice walls.

I don't have a pic yet, because it's still in the works.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.