Limestone dust in pool... effects? Mitigation?

Nov 19, 2014
Austin, TX
Had our pool put in a couple of years ago, FINALLY got the pool builder to send the stone masons back out to fix some legacy problems from a worker who was too aggressive sanding/grinding the spillover stones (turned them into anything but squares). It occurred to me that the sanding and grinding to true up the stones (4, about 15x15") will put limestone dust in the pool (deck is Leuders limestone).

Is this a problem given that Limestone is largely comprised of calcium? We have hight mineral water here in central austin, with our Calcium levels typically around 275ppm. If it is a problem is there anything I should do to mitigate it?

I lowered the PH to around 7 the day before they did the work, which I'm assuming is better for breaking down the limestone dust more quickly and preventing it from solidifying anywhere on the plaster, etc. Is there anything else I should do? Monitor PH closely? Reduce PH below 7 for the next week? Empty the filters?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this, wasn't really sure where to post.

Thanks!
Rick

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.