New Owner - Shopping for robotic pool cleaner

May 19, 2016
Bristol, CT
I'm a brand new home/pool owner and trying to wrangle this new 27,000g friend in my back yard. We let things get out of whack (just moving in / not many pool supplies left for us / too busy to stay on top of it) and had some algae growth. We're getting the chemistry back to where it needs to be, but the cleaning part made me realize that I'd rather just have a robot do it....ideally, the investment will worth my time.

So - for a large-ish painted concrete pool - what are my options? After reading some stuff here....I'm also looking for a top-loader (preferably a basket) and not interested in a pressure/suction cleaner.

One concern: the pool needs to be repainted; will using a robot vice brush cleaning cause the current paint-job to degrade quicker? Thanks and I look forward to the discussion!

I am about to start the build process. Based on my research I've decided to go with a robotic cleaner against my builder's recommended in-floor system. I've narrowed down my search to these two models but would be interested in what everyone else has to say.

Dolphin s300i
Dolphin Triton Plus

I've had the Dolphin s300i for 6 weeks and I can tell you it's the BEST investment for my pool and for me I've made. I have lots of trees around my pool and had to hand vac everyday. Now I'm free to do other Cinderella duties. Love love love the basket on top.

I am about to start the build process. Based on my research I've decided to go with a robotic cleaner against my builder's recommended in-floor system. I've narrowed down my search to these two models but would be interested in what everyone else has to say.

Dolphin s300i
Dolphin Triton Plus

The Triton looks to be a bottom-loading cartridge. I looked at S-series from Dolphin and the 200 seems to fit all my needs. I'm going to check out a couple comps from different brands and see what I find.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.