leaks in various places

Apr 4, 2009
Central Jersey
I am a new pool owner so I am not sure if this is a problem or not. When the pool was first installed all seemed fine. Now there seem to be several connections between the filter-pump-chlorinator that leak, sometimes a lot and once one of the hoses came completely undone and we ended up losing a lot of water. Question, is it normal for things to become loose from the vibration, thereby requiring periodic checks or should I have the installer come back and tighten things up?

Thanks.

Those fittings can start to leak over time for all kinds of reasons. Vibration may wiggle it loose. It may contract and expand from temperature. Or O-rings may start to deteriorate. But they're all usually pretty easy to service. If you can take a few pics of the ones that are giving you problems we'd be happy to help you address each one individually and save yourself the service call.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.