Automatic salt?

It would rarely be necessary for most folks to need to add salt more than once a season if that..... you FL folks are at a bit of a disadvantage with all the rain you get. Each time it gets overfilled with rain and you pump out you lose some salt, right?

Salt it so easy to add (after testing levels, of course) that I'd just keep a bag or two in the garage for back up.

It's not easy from my perspective.... and yes special challenges in Florida - if it's not too much salt from the sun beating down evaporating the water, then it's too little salt from the rain pouring down and overfilling the pool.
I have the pool at a very slight angle so overflow goes out one spot where I have drain tiles on the ground, and a small stock tank filler to keep the water level consistent, so mostly I'm dealing with low salt.
I was thinking if there's no automatic sensor doohickey around, maybe I could rig up some sort of poolside storage thing where I could let out some salt into the pool as needed - maybe a modified pet feeder or some such. I don't have a garage so protected storage is an issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.