Very new to pools.

We just bought a house with an above ground. from the research i have done it is approx. a 9000 gallon pool. It has a waterway sand filter. I have connected all the hoses and have filled the pool half way between the min and max markers. When i turn the pump on I can see the water filtering into the pool, but at the back of the filter there is water pouring out what looks like a threaded drain pipe, located at the bottom back of the filter. Is this normal? does this drain require a cap? I am sorry but I have never done anything with a pool before. I tried searching the forums, but honestly have no idea what I am looking for. Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of pool ownership. You'll have it under control in no time.

Yes, that's a drain and it needs a cap. If this is your filter you'll see the two parts you need are 18 and 19. Drain cap and o-ring. 602-5301 and 805-0224. Take a look around the filter area, especially in the pump basket, and anywhere the old owner kept chemicals or other pool stuff. Those don't usually disappear.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.