TroubleFreePat

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 5, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
So we lost our pump last week and I couldn't get replacement parts for almost a week. So our SWG was down and I wasn't able to maintain with bleach all week.

So once I got it back up and running, I brought it back up to normal levels and did an overnight loss test. Went from FC of 5 to 3.5 in the AM. Started a SLAM because while close re the overnight test, water looked a little off to me. Maintained it at SLAM level all day, ran the pump overnight. Went from 27.5 at 10pm to 25.5 at 7am the next morning. Brought back to SLAM, and last night it was 26.5 at 11pm. This morning @ 7am, 25.

Water looks good. I'm so close, yet 1.5FC loss over 8 hours seems a bit much, no?

Other levels-
CC 0
pH 7.4
CYA 70
TA 100
CH 250

It doesn't matter. You lost more than 1ppm overnight so it is a fail.

From reading, it would appear you are only adjusting to shock level once a day. During a SLAM you need to test/adjust back to shock level a minimum of 3 times a day and brush the pool at least once. Am I mis-reading and you are doing this?

I will close mine at high FC levels for a while just to get the inside of the cover exposed and "cleaned". You could do it when you need to take an extended break from testing and adding for the slam.

Also helpful when at work all day.

Still working on it. Lost 2FC last night. Brought it up to 31FC this morning, closed it up and went out for the day. At 30FC when I came home, so probably not a good sign as, since the cover is closed, no sun is hitting the water.

I'll check it a few hours before bed and see how it is and dose as needed before a final check at bed time.

Wish I was losing a LOT of FC so I could see things "improving" (Okay, maybe not!) Losing 2FC a night isn't helpful to see any real progress. Did a full vacuuming yesterday and will brush today. Probably doesn't help there was a giant bird turd at the bottom of the pool when I woke up this am.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.