Pump pumping air on start-up

tnthudson

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 31, 2008
Central VA
I'm a member here, but my buddy isn't...he has an inground pool with a Hayward "Super-Pump"(?) and I know he has a sand filter...
anyway, he's just opening his pool this season and he says the pump is pumping air into the pool, so that it creates bubbles/foam. He's had it happen before, but took the top off the pump and made sure his gasket was okay, and the problem stopped on that occasion.
This time, however, he checked his gasket and even applied some Vaseline (I think?) to it to be sure it sealed, but the pump is still putting air into his pool. He can't tell where air could be getting into the system anywhere else. He's had the pool forever, so it shouldn't be a 'noobie' mistake.
Any ideas? thanks

Pump drain plug O-rings? Water level in the skimmer or sticking skimmer weir? Clog in the skimmer piping? Anything new in the system?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.