Auto-Fill Goldline Controls

dizdog

May 30, 2009
Las Vegas
My water line dropped 6 inches 2 days ago and stayed. It's always maintained it's water line so I've always assumed there is an autofill. I was hoping you could suggest a way to tell if the autofill is working correctly. I was going to fill it back up with a garden hose but then I figured I'd never get to the bottom of the issue if all is working correctly now.

The water line is now just below the skimmer but the drains are still sucking water in and the returns are still pushing water out at a steady rate. There is a spa spillover that is working too.

When I first noticed the issue the spa wasn't spilling over either so I adjusted the valve at the pump so that it would. Is this a sign of something as well?

A picture of your equipment pad would help. If you have an autofill it is likely either plumbed in at the equipment or poolside. If it's a poolside model it will have a lid that resembles a skimmer lid (but with no skimmer inside).

so after locating the manual for the controller it appears that there isn't an autofill function from the controller at all. Is it typical to have an autofill feature that isn't associated with the controls?

dizdog said:
so after locating the manual for the controller it appears that there isn't an autofill function from the controller at all. Is it typical to have an autofill feature that isn't associated with the controls?
it's actually very normal. The autofill is a float valve connected to the water, much like the float valve in a toilet tank. When the water level drops the valve opens and it allows water into the pool. When the water level is high enough the float shuts the valve off, just like it stops the water running in the toilet tank when the tank is filled. It has absolutely nothing to do with the pool automation. I don't seem to see one at your pad so I am going to guess it's poolside. It very possbily is hidden by a cover in your deck much like a skimmer cover.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.