Floating skimmer basket

It is supposed to float freely. This is so that debris on the surface runs into it but can't come back out against the flow of the water running into it. Adjust the height of the holder so that the blue part has room to rise and fall with your water level, but not so low that it can float all the way out. And not so high that the blue part can't fall to the level of the water if your water level falls due to evaporation or splashout.

When I had an Intex pool and a skimmer like that, the skimmer bucket floated with the rim just below the surface of the water. it was designed to to that. From the pic it appears yours is floating above the surface of the water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I don't know about the pipe you are referring to but the last two days the water has turned ugly. New pump is ordered - we burned the crappy Coleman one up apparently - now the water has clouded and residue is starting to show on the floor- I thinks it's organic stuff from leaves etc. hopefully a strong sand filter will help clear this up - chemicals were tested and all seems to be okay -

I don't know about the pipe you are referring to but the last two days the water has turned ugly. New pump is ordered - we burned the crappy Coleman one up apparently - now the water has clouded and residue is starting to show on the floor- I thinks it's organic stuff from leaves etc. hopefully a strong sand filter will help clear this up - chemicals were tested and all seems to be okay -

Pump is important as well as filter but you have problem with water balance and leaves/debris don't actually affect water that much. I had rainstorms bring few inches of runoff into the pool due to drainage overflow along with dirt, etc and I was actually happy to see that as I needed rain water. The water looked worse than yours right after the event and it was back to crystal clear the next day. When I commented about reading letters on the pipes I was not kidding, I can read what's written on my Pool Cleaner body 8' down on deep end. After those rainfalls I couldn't see it down there at all. It was freaky sight to me - I could see pipe going down but it was simply disappearing within 3-4' :).

Please take a look around, you might change your mind about pool care. This site promotes efficient and affordable pool care which saves money and ensures your pool is always safe and ready for a swim.

How are you testing your water? I hope it's not the "fool" store testing. Don't rely on pool store testing it will only lead you to grief, a very skinny wallet and a pool full of nasty stuff. You could got to 4 different stores with the same sample of water and get 4 very different readings. It can also vary within the same store as well.

That pool water looks very sickly. Here's a pic of my pool that is also the same as yours. You need to get some chlorine in there soon.

EgFovpe.jpg

If your pump is off in the picture you posted the vortex should pull the blue basket down into the skimmer body when the pump is on.

As for the condition of the water you have the beginnings of an algae bloom and you need to complete the SLAM Process process to clear it up. Filtration alone will not clear algae from your pool.

If your pump is off in the picture you posted the vortex should pull the blue basket down into the skimmer body when the pump is on.

As for the condition of the water you have the beginnings of an algae bloom and you need to complete the SLAM Process process to clear it up. Filtration alone will not clear algae from your pool.

Pump is so weak it's pointless to have the basket on- just added Algaecide treatment and shock - next going to vacuum and clean filter - we are cleaning the filter like crazy till we get this cleared up

Pump is so weak it's pointless to have the basket on- just added Algaecide treatment and shock - next going to vacuum and clean filter - we are cleaning the filter like crazy till we get this cleared up

You're making this much harder than necessary, this includes spending money on chemicals which don't do any good for your pool. It's good you don't have huge pool so future water replacement won't be financially prohibitive. You can avoid all that and actually enjoy your pool, you know?

You're making this much harder than necessary, this includes spending money on chemicals which don't do any good for your pool. It's good you don't have huge pool so future water replacement won't be financially prohibitive. You can avoid all that and actually enjoy your pool, you know?

Would be nice for you to offer constructive information instead of negative remarks you know? I'm doing my best and whose to say these chemicals aren't necessary- I was enjoying my pool just fine till the pump stopped doing its job and thus I have new problems to manage

- - - Updated - - -

Took a sample it Leslie's - my CYA 20 and phosphates 200- everything else good

Unfortunately TFP doesn't mix with pool store advice or testing. You really need your own quality test kit and to stop going to the pool store.

No one is being negative, we would rather not see you waste your time and money on chemicals that are going to run you in circles.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.