Pool Build in Carrollton Tx

Wayjon

Feb 19, 2016
Carrollton texas
I've been following along since we started talking to pool contractors back in Feb. I have learned a ton from reading through all the build threads. This isn't our first pool, but it is the first pool we have had built. It's been an interesting process to say the least.

We went with a straight-line pool, we liked the semi modern look and felt we got a little more pool for the size/shape yard we have.

Size
15 x 32
perimeter 104ft
depth 3.5 x 5 x 4
15,500 gals

Covered Area (will be for the grill)
11 x 15
brick to match existing patio
4 can lights & ceiling fan
Gas and electric stub out

Equipment
Controller : AquaLink IQ904-ps
Pump : Jandy 2.7 E-pump
Filter : Jandy DEV 60 DE
Cleaner : Polaris 280
Heater : Jandy 400k JXI400N
Chlorine : Fusion Chroline
Lighting : 4 LED in pool, 1 in Spa

Pool selections
Spa : 12" raised edge infinity spa 7 x 7
Decking : 16x16 Artistic Pavers - Ivory Shell lock
Coping : QDI 2" eased edge silver Travertine
Plaster : StoneScapes Mini-Pebble French Gray in pool / Black W/shells in Spa
Tile for Spa : 1' Black iridescent glass w/black grout
Raised Beam : Fresca chopped stone
Tile Water feature wall :
1' Black iridescent glass w/black grout - 4ft sheer water feature

1_4.jpg
[/URL]free upload[/IMG]
IMG_1126.jpg
[/URL]image hosting 15mb[/IMG]
IMG_1128.jpg
[/URL]pic host[/IMG]
IMG_1143.jpg
[/URL]image url upload[/IMG]
IMG_1172.jpg
[/URL]image hosting 10mb limit[/IMG]
IMG_1183.jpg
[/URL]post a picture[/IMG]
IMG_1184.jpg
[/URL]free image host[/IMG]
IMG_1182.jpg
[/URL]image hosting 30 mb[/IMG]

OH man that spillover and glass tile is beautiful. And lights, and a spa step - man the details make all the difference. Whos' your pool builder?

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with how it is starting to come together. We have several selection combinations they haven't done before, so there is a little concern around how it will all turn out.

I used Marige Custom Pools in Lewisville. Met with 4 builders and felt they were one of the top 2.

there have been issues along the way, but so far everything has been addressed quickly and with no push back.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What tile was used on the spa? Beautiful!

Thank you, it has a lot of gold and silvers in it when the sun hits it. It's [FONT=&quot]Noble tile- NNRG 105 Marseille Black

We really like the way the offset spa and water feature wall turned out too. It was a little bit of a gamble, but we really like the clean lines blended with the natural stone, seems to be a good balance for our taste.[/FONT]

Here is a link on plaster start up. Make sure to run it by your PB as he holds the warranty card! Note the no swimming for 30 days depends on the kind of start up you do and your PB will tell you when you can safely swim:

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

Here are some links I put together for new pool owners. It is a lot of info. but it will all start to make sense once you start using it:

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.