Outdoor kitchen countertop choice, granite vs. concrete

No experience with concrete but have granite. In retrospect I should have used quartz. Granite is a pain as it soaks up oils. I have tried to seal it but does not seem to last long out in the elements.

Good Luck.

I have granite in a covered outdoor kitchen. It's fine and works well and cost was the only reason I didn't go with Quartz over granite. My neighbor has concrete and it's fine also. Really personal preference and cost choices. All things being equal (which of course they're not), I would choose Quartz over granite and concrete every day of the week.

We went with concrete, in a light gray finish to keep it cooler in the direct sun. Darker concrete and granite can get pretty hot. We used 1ft square granite tiles for a BBQ island at our last home and they worked pretty well.

We have looked at also prefabricated quartz, but it wasn't rated for outdoor use - the outdoor versions were too pricey for us.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.