Clarifier

May 18, 2009
Berwick Pennslyvania
I've finally turned the corner on a pool that was off the charts chemically. All of my readings are in range, algae is under control, but my water is still cloudy. Would it be wise at this point to add some clarifier? What does clarifier do if anything to other chemicals?

It is very unusual to need to use clarifier, normally the filter will clear the water if you give it enough time. I only recommend clarifier if the filter appears to be working correctly, FC levels are behaving normally, and you have had mild cloudiness for several days without any visible change for better or worse. Normally it is better to save your money and let the filter do it's job.

Clarifier has no real effect on any of your chemical levels.

Clarifier is an option, but it is usually not needed excepting a few rare circumstances. Generally all that is needed are balanced numbers and filter time assuming that everything mechanical is working as designed.

Go ahead and post a full set of numbers just so we can be sure that no stone is left unturned.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.