1970's vintage pool light

Nader

Aug 2, 2016
granby
Hello everyone!

I took the summer to redo my 1970's cement/fiberglass pool. The paint is in the process of drying and all that is left is for me to find a new light. The previous owners left me with no light in the niche. Only thing that was there is a brass ring that has 8 screws attaching the ring to the niche that is behind the fiberglass panel. So Niche/fiberglass panel/rubber gasket/brass ring.

The fun part is that this brass ring has no markings on it, nothing, no model, no name, Nothing!

I have looked everywhere trying to find a similar ring with no success. The niche is 8" diameter. Has anyone every seen anything like this?? Please help me!

I will try and add a picture later, thank you!

Nader

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I think a picture might help, but still could be a long shot. Usually the fixture is just held into the niche with 1 screw ... so you might be able to just find a fixture small enough to fit in the niche.

One other thought is to try INYOpools ... they have gained a reputation for tracking down old hard to find parts.

what about the fixture itself and power cord? Before trying to find/replace a bulb I'd check if the light has GFI and that GFI successfully resets which would hopefully indicate there's no electrical current leak present.

I understand there's no water in the pool atm? So it might not have a leak now but would have one when you fill the pool. If I was in your shoes I'd replace the light fixture along with its power cord using the opportunity. How far is the light switch from the niche?

I had 2 such lights in the pool we got with the house and power cords on both had electrical leaks- GFIs were tripping. Had to replace both with water in the pool, not fun.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.