Erosion

RussellC

Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
Austin, TX
I bought a house recently with an SWG pool. I am noticing some sand in the pool from the rocks where the water feature is. Is this salt erosion? Do I need to seal this rock? The flagstone coping is fine but there is a little white scale like stuff at the sides of the spillover. The pool is about 9 years old. Thanks for the help. Here is a picture:

Sealing the stone is not a bad idea can't hurt and may help no way to know for sure if it's from the rock or just blown in stuff.

I would not read too much into where you see it pooling sand and dirt will tend to collect near corners and on the outer edges of powerful water flows my pool gets visible collections where the baja shelf meats the pool floor and a couple of feet out from where the sheer falls.

So you chemistry is OK. I suspect its just dirt that blows onto the shelf when the water is not running wne the spa overfills it runs it into the pool.. If you have a robot or cleaner in the pool usually?

In Austin sealing the stone could only help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.