Outdoor speakers for pool and patio

Aug 1, 2016
Merrick NY
I have 4 of the GS-3 speakers around my pool I installed this past spring. I'm using an older Sony receiver and they sound very good. I've been happy with the purchase. I also bought an apple airport express to extend the wifi to the back yard and to be able to stream music over AirPlay from the iPhone or iPad from Amazon Music.

i have also painted the speakers to blend in with the landscape because the green they come in wouldn't have looked that good where I was putting them.

I too have two of the TICs in addition to 4 Polk Atriums, 8 Polk 6" ceiling speakers in the patio and 16 others throughout the house. They are all powered by a Pyle 8,000W amp and our receiver.

The TICs sound surprisingly good especially considering the price.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
+1 for the Niles RS8. I also have a Niles RS6 and a pair of Bose Free Space 51's(Bose 51 environmental speakers at Crutchfield.com
). All wired to Yamaha receiver with Airplay so I can control my music from my iphone or watch.

I've found more is better. Not volume. Number of speakers. Stage Presence. If you only have 2 speakers you'll have to really crank them up when a party breaks out. To the point where you'll one day get to meet Officer Friendly with a noise complaint.

I have 6 speakers and 2 subs. 2 X OSD Audio RS840, 4 X Definitive Technology AW 6500 and 2 X Earthquake Sound Granite-10D Subs. Speakers powered by Yamaha RX-A3030 with 4 zones (4th used for HDTV at the bar). Subs by Polk SWA500M amp.

The result is full pool coverage Voice/instruments with awesome Bass at a lower volume. Only 2 complaints over 3 years. I live in a retirement community (I retired early). Lots of cranky Old Farts around. No Problems.

If you live in the country.... disregard all above. Party ON.

Carl

Totally agree on the definintive Technology speakers, I have the larger AW6500 Speakers, mounted against my garage where the passive bass radiator can use the garage wall as a reinforcer. A pair of these with a Sonance volume control gives me awesome stereo sound and separation with volume control independent of the source volume control. This is the way to go, as I a have another pair in my outdoor kitchen area, I can balance the sound between the two pairs, or not use one pair at all.

Totally agree on the definintive Technology speakers, I have the larger AW6500 Speakers, mounted against my garage where the passive bass radiator can use the garage wall as a reinforcer. A pair of these with a Sonance volume control gives me awesome stereo sound and separation with volume control independent of the source volume control. This is the way to go, as I a have another pair in my outdoor kitchen area, I can balance the sound between the two pairs, or not use one pair at all.

I bet Haitian Divorce sounds good on that setup :cool: Love Steelydan, best concert I've ever seen, actually I mean heard.

Salty

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.