20x40 sport pool- How many 5G intelibright lights?

Aug 1, 2016
Kennewick
Hi everyone!

We are installing a 20x40 sport pool. My question is lighting. We are really into the color changing LED lights. We have been told one 5G intelibright light will be enough as our 'deep' end is only 7 feet in the middle.

Thoughts on this? I believe they are placing it in the middle of the pool. Would 2 on each shallow side be better aesthetically? We want significant light and color as we are on a few acres and there is no lighting to speak of.

Welcome to TFP!!! ��:kim:

Take a couple of pool noodles and bash the guy who told you one light is enough. Especially if we are talking LEDs.

My pool is weird but it's essentially 37 by 20. Two colored LEDs work. But you have a sport pool so I would go with three.

Most pools are not 20 feet wide. If you only have two lights the pool will seem dim.

Make sure the lights are placed facing away from the main seating area.

Welcome to TFP!!! ��:kim:

Take a couple of pool noodles and bash the guy who told you one light is enough. Especially if we are talking LEDs.

My pool is weird but it's essentially 37 by 20. Two colored LEDs work. But you have a sport pool so I would go with three.

Most pools are not 20 feet wide. If you only have two lights the pool will seem dim.

Make sure the lights are placed facing away from the main seating area.

I'd second that- my pool is 18x46 and one 5G light is not enough, so I'd say 2 is a minimum you should get. I didn't have much choice as I got the pool with broken incandescent light, so this is just a replacement. Red color of my light is weak or it could be due to light blue liner which doesn't reflect red too well. It also seems white 5G light is brighter than color one. Can you ask them to show you how it looks in reality?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.