White residue on stone

Mar 7, 2014
McKinney, TX
What is this and how should I clean it. In case it doesn't come through in the pics, it's a white residue that appears to be leaking from our rocks/stone onto the tile. It's on the side of the hot tub as well as stones under the waterfall. (No picture of waterfall) I've tried scrubbing with various things. It's like a glue or cement. It's very hard.

image_zpsyvunjf6c.jpeg
[/URL]

It is either efflorescence pushing through the mortar or it is scale.

Muriatic acid will take it off.

Your water is very likely to scale and you need to manage your CSI. Enter all your results into PoolMath and it will give you a CSI score. Keep that number -0.3 to 0 to prevent scale. Adjust pH and TA to change the CSI. More here, Pool School - Calcium Scaling

Wear gloves! That stuff is dangerous. When I got my pool it had calcium spots like that. I mixed it 50/50 and put it in a pesticide spray can made for chemicals, the kind you pump up and it sprays a fine mist. Spray, let it foam, hit it with the water hose. Repeat. Many times. It'll disappear in a few minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.