Hayward or Pentair?

G

I know this is probably going to pit friend against friend, but as a newbie to these two companies I need to ask it.

I was looking at the Hayward EC75 DE filter for up to a 25,000 gallon pool with a 2-speed motor.

Then I kept seeing all the great comments about the Whisperflo's 2 speed energy savings (a big concern to me), so I checked out Pentair/Starite.

I must say, Pentair has only two offerings listed for AGP's the PLD series and the Star series. Then I looked at ALL their DE filters. Yikes! There are over 12 series and I have tried reading through them all. The PLD uses the Dynamo series motors, which indicate extremely low energy usage.

Pentair has their Eco Select Choices which are the Quad DE and System:3 Mod DE filters. I want an efficient filter, but these two lines seem to be IGP based. I assume this since they are listed under that section and not the AGP section.

So any recommendations on one versus the other as well as experience or opinion on specific models?

Thanks in advance.

They are both great companies and the majority of the products on both sides are great products. For an above ground pool, I am sure you can find several good choices from each company.

The big questions are single speed or dual speed pump, filter size, and filter type. All three of those decisions are more important than which company you choose.

I would go with Pentair.

I have had horrible luck out of my 1 yr. old Hayward pump and filter, and my local dealer no longer warranties Hayward Products. He is a very reasonable guy, but he said that they were having problems with getting reimbursements from Hayward. This isn't the first time I've heard about Hayward having problems this season. I talked to another pool company 45 miles away, and they've said the same thing. it kind of reminds me of the old saying about the 'sinking ship'. I will never buy another Hayward product.

Basically, if I want my Hayward system serviced I will have to ship it back to Hayward. They've seemed to have gone down in the Customer Service department.

My next system will definitely be a Pentair.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.