need opinion on Pentair Intellichlore SWG

May 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
My builder is recommending Pentair Intellichlor to use with Easy Touch wireless control. Any Opinion on the Pentair SWG? Since Pentair and Zodiac is the only brand he carries. and Intellichlor is suppose to interface with wireless control of my Intelliflow VS pump , Heater and lights.

Any thoughts? Thanks

I have had pretty much flawless performance out of my IC-20. It is stand-alone (no Easy Touch, etc.), but it has really made my pool water maintenance a breeze. I've never seen algae in my pool!

I like my IC-40 also...and the Intellitouch makes adjusting everything super easy. We did have to calibrate the Intellichlor to the actual salt level in the pool (I use Aquachek salt strips backed up by the Taylor salt test kit to get accurate salt level readings), rather than what the unit thought it was reading, but since...no problems at all. We recently put in landscape lighting ourselves and they're on and off with a push of a button on the pad. HTH! :)

Given your other equipment, going with the Intellichlor makes sense. I'm also not a big fan of the zodiac units, so there's another reason to go with it. My only issue with the Intellichlor is the 20% output increments which is solved by hooking it up to automation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.