Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: need opinion on Pentair Intellichlore SWG

1. Back To Top    #1

need opinion on Pentair Intellichlore SWG

My builder is recommending Pentair Intellichlor to use with Easy Touch wireless control. Any Opinion on the Pentair SWG? Since Pentair and Zodiac is the only brand he carries. and Intellichlor is suppose to interface with wireless control of my Intelliflow VS pump , Heater and lights.

Any thoughts? Thanks
    14000K gal 400sq ft w 6x8 spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS3050, Pentair cart filter, Pentair Master Temp, Pentair Intellichlor IC40, Pentair Easy Touch 8, wireless control. 3x intellibrite LED light. Pentair Kreepy Krauley Sand Shark. Solar Panel Plumbing. 2 x 24 inch arc sheer 24" spa spill way.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: need opinion on Pentair Intellichlore SWG

I like mine. The wireless integration with the easytouch is really nice too... you can adjust your settings easily from your couch. I think Pentair is a good solid brand in all their pool equipment.
    My Pool:
    12K gal IG gunite with 7' raised spa, gunite waterfall, PebbleTec Caribbean Blue finish, solar heating & in-floor cleaning system

Equipment: Sta-Rite 300' Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC20 SWCG, Sta-Rite 400k BTU heater, Intelliflow 4x160 main pump & Sta-Rite 3/4 hp waterfall pump, EasyTouch controlls w/ wireless controller, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

3. Back To Top    #3

I have had pretty much flawless performance out of my IC-20. It is stand-alone (no Easy Touch, etc.), but it has really made my pool water maintenance a breeze. I've never seen algae in my pool!
    11,000 gal. gunite w/midnight blue and white pearl PebbleTec
    Intelliflo 4x160 pump
    Intellichlor IC-20 SWG
    Pentair cartridge filter 420 sq. ft.
    Mastertemp 400K BTU heater
    Legend Platinum cleaner
    Pool School
    JasonLion's Pool Calculator
    TF Test Kits

4. Back To Top    #4

I like my IC-40 also...and the Intellitouch makes adjusting everything super easy. We did have to calibrate the Intellichlor to the actual salt level in the pool (I use Aquachek salt strips backed up by the Taylor salt test kit to get accurate salt level readings), rather than what the unit thought it was reading, but since...no problems at all. We recently put in landscape lighting ourselves and they're on and off with a push of a button on the pad. HTH!
    7,000 gal. IG gunite, SWG, PebbleSheen interior finish-Aqua Blue, 8' vanishing edge raised 16-jet overspill spa, 2 12" waterfalls, tan shelf with bubbler.
    Pentair equipment: Easy Touch 8, Intellichlor IC-40, Intelliflo VF 3050, 2.5 hp Whisperflo spa pump, 1 hp Whisperflo water feature pump, Quad 100 DE filter, Master Temp 400 heater, Legend Platinum Cleaner (3/4 hp pump). Autofill, TF-100 Test Kit w/salt and borate strips.

Pisces Pool Build

5. Back To Top    #5

Given your other equipment, going with the Intellichlor makes sense. I'm also not a big fan of the zodiac units, so there's another reason to go with it. My only issue with the Intellichlor is the 20% output increments which is solved by hooking it up to automation.

6. Back To Top    #6

thanks. seem like Pentair has a package for the easy touch panel, intellichlor and actuators as a package. Now should I ask for the 20 or 40 cell. it will be about a 15000 gal capacity pool.
    14000K gal 400sq ft w 6x8 spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS3050, Pentair cart filter, Pentair Master Temp, Pentair Intellichlor IC40, Pentair Easy Touch 8, wireless control. 3x intellibrite LED light. Pentair Kreepy Krauley Sand Shark. Solar Panel Plumbing. 2 x 24 inch arc sheer 24" spa spill way.

7. Back To Top    #7

Get the IC-40. It may cost a bit more but it won't have to work as hard to keep your pool chlorinated. That means possible longer cell life.
    12170 Gallon in ground San Juan Caesar's Palace fiberglass with integral Spa in a screened enclosure. 1 HP Pentair Whisperflow pump with Pentair Sand Dollar SD-80 sand filter. Intellichlor IC40 with EasyTouch wireless remote. Aquacal Heatwave Heat Pump. Taylor K-2006 and Aquachek Salt test strips.