DE Filter Problem

jdudge

Jul 31, 2016
chester ny
Dave.. I'm hoping I can piggy back on this thread to ask a question as I don't have a link to start my own thread on the homepage. Long story short, I have a Hayward CE 75 de filter with filter fingers. It is not building up pressure when I vac and dirt is shooting back into the pool on start up.. I've replace the diaphragm the top plate and a few suspect fingers in the filter.. Other than the bottom plate could there be anything else causing it..? The suction and return rate are working great.. Just doesn't seem to be filtering.

I'll be heading to work shortly. As I said before the filter is pretty simple. DE covers the fingers & captures the dirt. It's probably DE not dirt that you're seeing 'shooting back into the pool'. Assuming you used the correct type & amount of DE then you may have somehow damaged the fingers during cleaning. If the spaces in the fingers are too large then the DE may pass right through. Give us some more details.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.