Added 8 lbs of Stabilizer and now getting error flor rate

Aug 1, 2016
Merrick NY
Hello All, I am new to the forum and pool ownership so please forgive my ignorance, and I have loved what I read so far on this great forum!

I had my water tested by my Bioguard rep below are the results:

CYA: 34
Tot Ch:0.2
FC: 0.1
PH: 8.1
TH: 230
Minerals 2700
Borates: 26

He told me to add salt and hit boost on my AutoPilot, which I did, I asked him about the low CYA number and he told me to ignore it, a week later I tested it again with my test strips, still to chlorine and green algae on the bottom after a long weekend away.

I figured I am losing chlorine due to the low CYA, i then went to Leslie pool and added 8lbs of powder stabilizer, 4lbs diluted slowly using a 5gal bucket into the return, and then two hours laters adding 4more lbs diluted into return.

I am know seeing a flow error on my the display of my AutoPilot, after reading this forum and reading about the sock method, I am assuming I didn't dilute enough.

My question is, if I keep the pump running will the stabilizer eventually dilute itself within my system and error flow message will clear itself?

PS I added 4lbs of shock to clear the algae and get a chlorine boost, as per the kid at Leslie Pool.

PPS, I would like to stop using Mineral Springs and the hands off approach to pool ownership and start getting more hands on, as what I have been doing for the past three years of pool ownership has not been working. Anyone can suggest a plan of action, that would be much appreciated. From the quick browsing I have been doing, ordering the pool test kit that was mentioned in one of the other posts would be the first step? Bioguard Mineral Springs is breaking my budget!

Hi, and welcome to TFP. First order of business is a test kit. This is the best one available. TFTestkits.net

Until that gets here, read up on Pool School. If you have anything that is adding metal to the water I would remove that immediately. Add 1/2 gallon of bleach / day until your test kits arrives.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.