I found this at Walmart...

PMCoro

Jul 27, 2016
Northern California
I'm still new at the TFPC method so I wanted to run this by the veterans and get some feedback. It says it has 10.00% sodium hypochlorite. This is basically the same as the generic bleach, just stronger, right?

I bought it for $3.64 at Walmart and it has a full gallon of chlorine - 128 oz. (vs. the 121 oz. "gallon" of the generic bleach I've been using)... Thoughts?

0f1b7b63ff1e0274f94d1206236b1304.jpg
62b16d90f9234779f1cd2d3b6e5b191d.jpg

Good stuff...

8,400 gal 3K GPH pump, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

It's a fair price. That is what i use. Just check the date. My walmart has a fast turn over. The date is the black stamp where the neck of the bottle starts. Should be like 16 210 Plant number line number. First is the year. Second number is day of year.

So, it sounds like this is a good product to use. I'm not so much concerned about the cost... I'm still learning this method and I just didn't want to put anything into the pool that I wasn't sure about. My husband was excited about it because we used much less quantity than the generic bleach we'd been using. He said he was going back to Walmart to stock up! ;)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Don't buy a 3 year supply....it degrades. Only buy enough to finish your swim season this year.

Too late; we bought 50 jugs.... No, we didn't! :jocolor: We're at the tail end of a SLAM so we've been buying 4-6 jugs at a time, but we won't need that much pretty soon (I hope!). We've just started with the TFP method so I don't know what my daily chlorine needs will be. But, I'm a good student and I've been re-reading and studying up on everything TFP. No using degraded chlorine here! :)

The last time I ran the price the chlorine content was a wash with the 8% Great Value bleach. I stick with the 8% because a half gallon is just about right for the daily dose on my pool. With the 10% I have to skip a day every so often, and I just lose track. Getting older, you know. :confused:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.