brown stuff that I cant get rid of from bottom of pool

Jul 31, 2016
toronto
Was hoping to get some help from some pool experts. This is my second year owning a pool and so far I've never had this problem. For the past two weeks I've noticed browish looking stuff at the bottom of my pool. My pool is nicely balanced and the water looks clear. It is a salt water pool. Despite vaccuming this stuff this brown stuff, it keeps coming back. Ive tried vaccuming to waste, shocking the pool, putting sand filter clarifying tablets in the skimmer basket but the stuff keeps coming back within 5-6 hours or so. It is driving me crazy. I've swam down to the bottom of the pool to feel the stuff and it is not gritty at all. It just kind of poofs away to the tough.
I did not have this sort of problem last year. It has been really hot this year so I don't know if that is part of the problem or not. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sounds like algae to me. You say your water is balanced but.....it can't be if you have algae.

Please provide us with the following from one of the accurate test kits we recommend:
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

please tell us everything you've put in your pool chemical wise, and describe your pool equipment and how you sanitize your water.

Is this a vinyl, fiberglass or plaster pool?

Do you fill from a well or city water?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.